USBC Team USA Trials 2007
January 6-12, 2007
National Bowling Stadium
300 N. Center St.
Reno, NV 89501
Having the opportunity to compete for your country is the ultimate reward for an athlete in any sport. For eight men and eight women bowlers each year, success at the USBC Team USA Trials means realizing that dream.
The top four men and women in their respective divisions at the USBC Team USA Trials earn Team USA berths for that calendar year, along with four additional men and women who will receive at-large selections from the National Selection Committee following competition. Competitors roll 40 games over four days to determine who makes Team USA. First place in the men’s and women’s divisions are crowned the U.S. Amateur Champions.
Members of Team USA compete in such events as the World Tenpin Bowling Association World and American Zone championships, World Games, World Cup and the Lee Evans Tournament of the Americas among others.
Tetative Schedule Of Events (All Times PST)
Saturday, January 6
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. – Registration
- TBA – Lane Play Seminar
- TBA – Sweeper (Condition A)
- TBA – Sweeper (Condition B)
Sunday, January 7
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. – Athlete Registration
- 10 a.m.-Noon – Sweeper (Condition C)
- 1:30-3:30 p.m. – Sweeper (Condition D)
- 5-6:30 p.m. – Official Practice – Women
- 6:45-7:30 p.m. – Orientation
- 8-9:30 p.m. – Official Practice – Men
Monday, January 8
- 8 a.m.-Women – 10 Games (Condition A)
- 3 p.m.-Men – 10 Games (Condition A)
Tuesday, January 9
- 8 a.m.-Men – 10 Games (Condition B)
- 3 p.m.-Women – 10 Games (Condition B)
Wednesday, January 10
- 8 a.m.-Women – 10 Games (Condition C)
- 3 p.m.-Men – 10 Games (Condition C)
Thursday, January 11
- 8 a.m.-Men – 10 Games (Condition D)
- 3 p.m.-Women – 10 Games (Condition D)
- 8:30 p.m. – Announcement of Team USA 2007
Friday, January 12
- 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast, Photos & Awards for Team USA 2007
- TBA – Orientation for Team USA 2007
- TBA – Drug Testing for Team USA 2007
*Schedule is subject to change.
All above information taken from the following website: http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/teamusa/natamateurs/main.aspx